1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2013 Smoky Mtn. Recumbent Rally

Discussion in 'Rides, Routes and Events' started by Geyatautsilvsgi, Oct 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragnfly

dragnfly

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    OH
    City:
    Springfield
    Ride:
    Path Infiniti
    Name:
    Shawn
    Change of plans probably cheaper to bike down to Orlando Fla that to fly.

2. DTresenriter

DTresenriter

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    East Peoria
    Ride:
    WC Di2 VTX
    Name:
    Denny
    Are the dates set in stone? I have to make condo reservations in Sevierville next month and I want to be sure the dates are firm.

3. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Yes, the dates are not only embedded in stone, but have a coating of high gloss epoxy on top. Will be posting the registration form this week.

4. DTresenriter

DTresenriter

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    East Peoria
    Ride:
    WC Di2 VTX
    Name:
    Denny
    Thank you!!!

5. altozwei

altozwei

Region:
    North
    State/Country:
    TX
    City:
    Oak Cliff
    Ride:
    Catrike
    Name:
    Patti
    We'll be going to the HOT Rally in February but maybe I can swing a short trip to Tennessee in May, too. Have to see what my daughter's schedule is going to be. That could be the same week we have to move her home from Kansas City for the summer. It's always somethin'

6. froglegz57

froglegz57 Supporter

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    NC
    City:
    Charlotte
    Ride:
    Rans V2,V3,AB
    Name:
    Jerry
    Vacation submitted and approved pending life. Great time last year and more of the same this time.

Jerry

7. dragnfly

dragnfly

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    OH
    City:
    Springfield
    Ride:
    Path Infiniti
    Name:
    Shawn
    Not biking down to Orlando way to unsafe and too long to ride down.

8. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Orlando? Why would you be doing that? The Rally is being held in TN not Florida.

9. dragnfly

dragnfly

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    OH
    City:
    Springfield
    Ride:
    Path Infiniti
    Name:
    Shawn
    Was going to try my first long tour and ride down to Orlando Florida for the National Federation of the Blind's national convention well can't find a safe route there so not riding to Orlando and if I can find a way down to Townsend I'd love to attend your rally. The Orlando date is like first week of July. Was going to leave in May and travel down there by trike and well can't really find a safer route for a visaually impaired rider like me to ride. So not riding. But I can see well enough to use this computer and ride I can tell if a car is coming at me on the road. Just walkers and other people on bikes when I'm coming on them judging the distance between me and them. :jiggy9:

10. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    2013 Smoky Mountain Recumbent Rally

Please mark this event on your calendar for next year. Our first rally was a success and therefore we're doing it again. Rally success depends upon attendance and participation so I hope that many of you who didn't get a chance to come last year will get to come this year and I hope that more of you who are new can come and have fun riding the beautiful area of East Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

For those who have the desire to help out or volunteer with this event please click on the link below. You will receive a volunteer shirt and your assistance will be appreciated.

Volunteer link:
    http://vols.pt/cMuc2rAdvance online registration is available now until April 30. All late registrations will incur a late fee and will have to be called in. Go to the link below and at the bottom of the page you will find the three registration options. Upon credit card approval you will be directed to the registration form of choice. You may also use the pdf form to the left.

Registration link:
    http://www.edgerecumbents.com/index_files/page0013.html

11. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Well its a new year and only 5 months away from the second Smoky Mountain Recumbent Rally!(i.e. SMRR) If you want to come you won't regret it. It was loads of fun last year and looks to be loads of fun this year as well.

http://www.edgerecumbents.com/index_files/page0013.html

Is the link to where the registration forms are.(Hint: Scroll to the bottom of the page.) IF you have any problems signing up please let me know. Thanks and I hope to see you all again!:biggrin9:

12. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Well the registration is working great...I now have my first official registrant:cool9:. Registration closes at the end of April so that give you all 3 months. Don't put it off too long....time will pass quicker than you know.

I will be posting the 2013 SMRR Agenda tonight after I get home. Also, I need some volunteers to lead & sweep rides etc. The links are in the original posted announcement.:yes9:

13. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Just a reminder that the rally is only 3 month away. The registration works fine. I only have one person signed up so far. Is anyone planning to come?

14. leeinmemphis

leeinmemphis

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    Ride:
    Cruzbike Silvio
    Name:
    Lee
    guess I'm the one lol :spinny:

15. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    2013 Rally Agenda (Tentative)

Well, I know it has been a while but here is the tentative agenda for the Smoky Mtn. Recumbent Rally. If you have any questions or wish to volunteer for any of the rides please let me know. I'm using VolunteerSpot (online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.

Please sign up for 2013 Smoky Mtn. Recumbent Rally - here's how it works in 3 easy steps:

1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/cMuc2r
    2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
    3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!

Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.