1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2013 Smoky Mtn. Recumbent Rally

Discussion in 'Rides, Routes and Events' started by Geyatautsilvsgi, Oct 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    OK, Folks, the decision has been settled, the rally for next year will be in the SPRING not the fall. I've not gotten all the details worked out yet,but stay tuned for more information for dates and times for signing up etc. There will be STRICT adherence to registration deadlines!:gripe:

CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR MORE DETAILS.

2. froglegz57

froglegz57 Supporter

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    NC
    City:
    Charlotte
    Ride:
    Rans V2,V3,AB
    Name:
    Jerry
    +++

+++++ for the mid May timeframe. First rally of the year and a great time for everyone in attendance. My current student class graduates May 3 so anytime after that looks great.

Jerry

3. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Can't wait!!!

4. dragnfly

dragnfly

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    OH
    City:
    Springfield
    Ride:
    Path Infiniti
    Name:
    Shawn
    :jiggy9: Me either hopefully by then I'll have a tour partner to do touring with. Will let some others on BROL know too.

5. dragnfly

dragnfly

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    OH
    City:
    Springfield
    Ride:
    Path Infiniti
    Name:
    Shawn
    I love this board I've already started promoting your tour can't wait for further details.

6. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Save the Date - May 17 & 18

The dates for the 2013 Smoky Mtn. Rally are:

May 17th & 18th

(Check-in is at the bike shop on the 16th from 12pm-6pm)

7. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    2013 Rally Registration

Ok, folks, I'll have the registration forms for the rally ready later this week. I'm not using Active.com this time around. There will be a link when they're ready. Right now I have to convert the form to PDF so you can fill in all the spaces etc. I'll post again once I have the forms up and ready.

Once these are up, deadlines and late fees WILL be strictly adhered to. There should be no excuse about no one not having enough time to register. Seven (7) months is plenty of time. So I hope to see you all there.:jiggy9:

8. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    F Please mark this event on your calendar for next year. Our first rally was a success and therefore we're doing it again. Rally success depends upon attendance and participation so I hope that many of you who didn't get a chance to come last year will get to come this year and I hope that more of you who are new can come and have fun riding the beautiful area of East Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

I posted this event here so I can start getting a good idea of the number of people who plan on coming. This DOES NOT replace the registration form. So even if you indicate on this forum that you are coming here...please remember to officially fill out a registration form.

For those who have the desire to help out or volunteer with this event please click on the link below. Your assistance will be appreciated.

Volunteer link:
    http://vols.pt/cMuc2rAdvance online registration is available now until April 30. All late registrations will incur a late fee and will have to be called in. Go to the link below and at the bottom of the page you will find the three registration options. Upon credit card approval you will be directed to the registration form of choice. You may also use the pdf form to the left.

Registration link:
    http://www.edgerecumbents.com/index_files/page0013.html

Just "purchase" the registration of choice. And the form will pop up after your credit card is processed. Once you submit the form it will be sent to me via email. This method has been tested and it works. Ignore the forms to the left. They are to be used only for those who wish to mail or FAX in their registration.

9. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    I'll be there. Would be willing to lead another ride if you like.

10. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Look under TN events for the 2013 Rally...I have a link in the first section of the thread to Volunteerspot.com so folks who want to help out can go and sign up.

11. Trident Trikes

Trident Trikes

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    NC
    Ride:
    Trident Trike
    Name:
    Tom
    Ill be there too! As always will bring a few toys. Im not going to get stuck climbing in the Smokys on the 7 Speed Spike again though :tongue9:. Ill probably bring a Monorail for me.
    Time frame just barely works for me. I will be in Shanghai for the Bicycle Fair until about May 12.
    Tom
    Trident Trikes

12. dragnfly

dragnfly

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    OH
    City:
    Springfield
    Ride:
    Path Infiniti
    Name:
    Shawn
    Is this on a path what type of surface is it?

13. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Last year was all paved roads. But remember we have lots of hills.

14. dragnfly

dragnfly

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    OH
    City:
    Springfield
    Ride:
    Path Infiniti
    Name:
    Shawn
    So it's a two day ride or is it just a one day rally?

15. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Glad you will be there. I enjoyed your talk last year. Want to test ride some trikes next year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.