1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2013 Smoky Mtn. Recumbent Rally

Discussion in 'Rides, Routes and Events' started by Geyatautsilvsgi, Oct 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froglegz57

froglegz57 Supporter

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    NC
    City:
    Charlotte
    Ride:
    Rans V2,V3,AB
    Name:
    Jerry
    Looks like another great rally. I am looking forward to it. I assume there will be a few loons who will make the ride out of the Cove this year also. That long downhill is the best, especially when topped of by a sprint through Townsend.

jerry

2. treecastle

treecastle

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Sevierville
    Ride:
    KMX Tornado F8
    Name:
    Rick
    Well the registration form didn't pop up for me :no9:

3. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    You have to go all the way down to the bottom of the page to see the registration forms. They differ depending on how many days you plan to attend and if you want dinner or not.

I looked today and they were there.

4. treecastle

treecastle

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Sevierville
    Ride:
    KMX Tornado F8
    Name:
    Rick
    I did find the registration and paid for it, but the form where I put my name and address,etc - the PDF - never popped up as Kiela said it would. I think that I registered me for the two days and my wife for dinner only at the same time screwed it up. :idunno:

5. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Well, the registration did go through. I have an email confirmation in my inbox. I called my tech guys and they're looking into it. I think it may have to do with one of the return links.

6. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    OK' when you register, if the qty and type of registration is the SAME, the form for that specific registration type will appear. However, if you pay for two DIFFERENT types of registrations it cannot bring up two different forms at the same time, and confuses the system. Basically each registration must be paid for separately in order to fill out the different forms.

7. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    I was talking to Jerry Morris who is advertising this ride on other boards. There is concern that our ride is too hilly for flatlanders.

I led the longest ride we did last year. It was 44 miles and two hills but everyone made it in 5 hours (We don't go fast.)

If you want to see last years ride, I recreated it on Google Maps. (Sorry no elevation. Jerry is working on that.)

http://tinyurl.com/b9mlumk

8. Troy

Troy

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    AL
    City:
    Prattville
    Ride:
    KMX VENOM
    Name:
    Troy
    Will this be the route for 2013 rally as well?

9. RealEngr

RealEngr Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    EDGE Koosah
    Name:
    Bill
    At this point we are planning on keeping the rides the same. From a perspective of hills********

The rides are really mostly level to rolling with a few small hills interspersed. There is nothing on any ride that would come close to even moderate in difficulty.

The hardest rides surprisingly are in the Cades Cove. There are significant hills there in a few places. But the cove is worth a few 'walks of shame' if you have to get off your bike. It is an 11 mile loop through the park by old cabins etc. and everyone is encouraged to take their time to enjoy it. We have almost three hours before anyone is allowed in with cars and that means even at an average speed of 4 miles an hour you would make it through fine.

10. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    I am out of town due to the death of my grandmother and the forthcoming death of my great aunt. When I get back I have to make some important decisions regarding goodie bags, t-shirts and the rally dinner. I can tell you this, I only have three people signed up...the deadline is April 30. While I appreciate their enthusiasm, it takes more than 4-5 people to make a RALLY happen. I am having Larry Varney be our guest speaker again, he has some good information and some stories to tell of his latest tour. Also, while I CANNOT guarantee it, Bryan Ball of BROL may try to come and give some updates on the recumbent industry. So I encourage everyone to come on out to meet some great people,have some great rides, enjoy some great scenery and enjoy some great food.

11. DTresenriter

DTresenriter

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    IL
    City:
    East Peoria
    Ride:
    WC Di2 VTX
    Name:
    Denny
    I'm trying to work it in. If so, which local motel do you recommend?

12. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    I don't really recommend any one specific hotel...I have not spent the night in any of them except Maple Leaf Lodge, which is now "The Dancing Bear Lodge", and that was a few years ago.

13. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Well, I now officially have three registrations. For those of you who have indicated on the event schedule that you are coming, don't forget to go to the link for the official registration so I can get you processed and confirmed. Thanks.

14. TNRambler

TNRambler

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    Ride:
    TerraTrike Ramb
    Name:
    Jackie
    Hi Jacquilla,
    Michael and I have officially registered for the Cades Cove ride. Our friend Sam is interested in the Cades Cove ride also...I'll email him the registration link. :smile9:

15. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Thanks! It will be good to see you and Mike again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.